You know a prefect is going to retire when:
1. The once-bright-green uniform has faded so much it resembles the white school shirt.
2. The once-black shoes have turned dual tone. The canvas part is now grey and the PVC part still remains as black as ever.
3. The name tag is scratched and BROKEN.
4. The blazer worn with the skirt/pants are dual tone. (Reason being the blazer is washed less frequently than the skirt/pants. Ok well, for MOST prefects.)
5. The markings on the tie have faded (Again, only if the tie is actually washed).
6. The shoes have holes which lets water in during rainy days.
7. The skirt/pants tore.
8. The campaigning season for the incoming board is here.
So this is a little shoutout for those who will be campaigning.
It's going to be difficult with disappointments on the way but hey, what doesn't kill you only serves to make you stronger. And this will definitely grow you as a person if you wish to learn from experience. It's going to be difficult, no doubt, but enjoy the ride!
Enjoy the speeches, knowing that you'll probably only get this chance to speak to such a wide audience (and they'll actually listen).
Enjoy the campaigning, because it's not everyday you get to see your 'merchandise' on everybody's pencil cases.
Enjoy the encouraging words you'll receive, because you'll not be able to hear as many any time else in the year.
Enjoy even the criticisms you'll receive, because you'll not get the opportunity to listen to so many honest opinions about yourself.
Enjoy the process, regardless the outcome.
I'm very proud of all of you, for daring to stand in front of the school and offer yourself to serve. Check your motives first and make sure that you're running to be the Head Prefect for the right reasons. With all that said, run the race with full perseverance, so that at the end of the day, you can still stand tall and know that you've done your very best. I'm supporting each one of you, all the way.
With lots of love,